Yesterday was a good day. My good friend Chin Achebe won his second fight in the 2012 Golden Gloves boxing tournament. I was excited and can’t wait for his next fight. After last night’s win, I believe that he has what it takes to win it all. Ealier on in the day, I ran about 4.5 miles. I hadn’t run in quite some time and it felt good to open up and run. I had friends in town and I took one of them to Peak Performance NYC for a bit of sight seeing and a workout. While I was stretching at the gym, I pushed my knuckle into the ground a bit too aggressively and suffered a set back. My knuckle swelled up again. It’s very frustrating because I want this pain and swelling in my hand gone. I want the pain gone so that I can continue to do things that require the use of my hand, such as, boxing and certain types of workouts. Being able to work hard is what creates all the great moments in our lives.
Just as in our favorite movies, our lives are defined by moments. These are the points in these films or in our lives that we remember. These are the points that everyone in our lives remembers. They can be sad, they can be happy, they are nostalgic. If we intend for life not to live us, but the other way around, we have to work to create moments in our lives. That is what we live for. I have put together a list of moments that have defined my generation. Some of them are not man made, but they are moments that moved us. I have listed them randomly. They are -
- Barak Obama becomes the 44th president and the first black president of the United States of America
- Michael Jackson releases ‘Thriller’ followed the greatest music video of all time, the ‘Thriller’ video
- Whitney Houston stars in ‘The Bodyguard’ and sings ‘I will Always Love You’ and does that 45 second intro like no other human being alive, can.
- Michael Jackson dies
- Whitney Houston dies
- The September 2011 attacks on the Wall Trade Center Towers
- The invention of the Ipod
- The invention of the digital Video Recorder (DVR)
- The death of Tupac Shakur
- The death of The Notorious BIG
- Aaliyah dies
- George Bush announces that America is going to war with Iraq
What moments are you creating in your life?
The most downloaded black male model actor
African american black male model photo gallery